The Department of Urology is committed to facilitating the development of the next generation of outstanding academic urologists. We offer opportunities for medical students, residents and fellows to pursue a diverse array of training, the depth and breadth of which are unparalleled.
- Tim Chang was awarded 1st place in the Western Section AUA Miley Wesson Resident Essay Contest for his entry entitled: In Vivo Biodistribution and Toxicity of Intravesical Administration of Quantum Dots for Optical Molecular Imaging of Bladder Cancer.
- Kai Dallas won 1st place in the Western Section AUA Health Policy Essay Contest for his entry entitled: Racial Disparities in Hospital Admissions in the First 30 Days After Urethral Sling Procedures in California.
- Kai also took 2nd place in the Western Section AUA Miley Wesson Resident Essay Contest for his entry entitled: Redefining the Stone Belt: Precipitation Potentiates the Risk of Urinary Stone Disease in California.
AUA Best Video Award
Drs. Joe Liao and Tim Chang won the AUA Best Video Award for their video entitled "Multimodal Enhanced Cystoscopy for Improved Bladder Tumor Resections" in the Bladder Oncology and Diversion session at the AUA 2017 Annual Meeting in Boston.
- Accelerating bacterial growth detection and antimicrobial susceptibility assessment in integrated picoliter droplet platform
Kaushik AM, Hsieh K, Chen L, Shin DJ, Liao JC, Wang TH.
Biosens Bioelectron. 2017 Nov 15;97:260-266. doi: 10.1016/j.bios.2017.06.006.
- Racial variation in semen quality at fertility evaulation
Khandwala YS, Zhang CA, Li S, Behr B, Guo D, Eisenberg ML.
Urology. 2017 May 15. pii: S0090-4295(17)30504-6. doi: 10.1016/j.urology.2017.03.064. [Epub ahead of print]
- Unplanned hospital visits in the first 30 days after urethral sling procedures
Dallas KB, Rogo-Gupta L, Elliott CS.
Urology. 2017 May;103:79-83. doi: 10.1016/j.urology.2017.01.025. Epub 2017 Jan 30.
- Defining the rate of negative ureteroscopy in the general population treated for upper tract urinary stone disease
Lamberts RW, Conti SL, Leppert JT, Elliott CS.
J Endourol.2017 Mar;31(3):266-271. doi: 10.1089/end.2016.0751. Epub 2017 Feb 3.
- Minimizing the cost of treating asymptomatic ureterolithiasis
Lamberts RW, Lines E, Conti SL, Leppert JT, Elliott CS.
Urology Practice. 2017 [in press]
- 3D reconstruction of cystoscopy videos for comprehensive bladder records
Lurie KL, Angst R, Zlatev DV, Liao JC, Ellerbee Bowden AK.
Biomed Opt Express. 2017 8, 2106-2123
- A systematic approach to the evaluation and management of the failed artificial urinary sphincter
Dobberfuhl AD, Comiter CV.
Curr Urol Rep. 2017 Mar;18(3):18. doi: 10.1007/s11934-017-0666-y.
- New and developing diagnostic technologies for urinary tract infections
Davenport M, Mach KE, Shortliffe LM, Banaei N, Wang TH, Liao JC.
Nat Rev Urol. 2017 Mar 1. doi: 10.1038/nrurol.2017.20. [Epub ahead of print]
Education Program Manager
News and Events
Western Section AUA 2017 – Vancouver
Meet our incoming fellows!
Chief Resident Dr. Michael Davenport matched into a Reconstruction Fellowship at UT Southwestern in Dallas, TX with Dr. Allen Morey, that he will begin later next year following graduation.
Minimally Invasive Oncology Fellowship
Following graduation next year, Chief Resident Dr. Harsha Mittakanti will be going to Swedish Hospital in Seattle to begin a Minimally invasive Oncology Fellowship with Dr. Jim Porter.
Urology Graduation Dinner
The Department hosted the Urology Graduation Dinner on June 25, 2017 to honor our graduating residents and fellows:
Residency Program: David Guo, Remy Lamberts, and Dimitar Zlatev
FPMRS Fellowship Program: Amy Dobberfuhl, and Amandeep Mahal