The Department of Urology is committed to facilitating the development of the next generation of outstanding academic urologists. We offer opportunities for medical students, residents and fellows to pursue a diverse array of training, the depth and breadth of which are unparalleled.
In addition, Stanford Urology is committed to diversity and dedicated to encouraging women, underrepresented minorities, diversity of religion, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, and physical ability. Our goal is to draw from people with a variety of backgrounds and life experiences to reach a new level of innovation in teaching, research and caring for patients.
On July 1, 2019, all urology programs will include the PGY-1 and provide 60 months of accredited education.
- Clinical and metabolic correlates of calcium oxalate stone subtypes: Implications for etiology and management
Bamberger JN, Blum KA, Kan KM, Parkhomenko E, Gallante B, Gupta M.
J Endourol. 2019 Jun 1. doi: 10.1089/end.2019.0245. [Epub ahead of print]
- Outcomes of sacral nerve stimulation for treatment of refractory overactive bladder among octogenarians
Greenberg DR, Syan R, Young-Lin N, Comiter CV, Enemchukwu E.
Neuromodulation. 2019 Jun 19. doi: 10.1111/ner.12981. [Epub ahead of print]
- To stage or not to stage? - A cost minimization analysis of sacral neuromudulation placement strategies
Sun AJ, Harris CR, Comiter CV, Elliott CS.
Neurourol Urodyn. 2019 Jun 19. doi: 10.1002/nau.24075. [Epub ahead of print]
- Risk of depression after 5 alpha reductase inhibitor medication: Meta-analysis
Kim JH, Shim SR, Khandwala Y, Del Giudice F, Sorensen S, Chung BI.
World J Mens Health. 2019 May 23. doi: 10.5534/wjmh.190046. [Epub ahead of print]
- Applying the PRECISION approach in biopsy naive and previously negative prostate biopsy patients
Wang NN, Teslovich NC, Fan RE, Ghanouni P, Leppert JT, Brooks JD, Ahmadi S, Sonn GA.
Urol Oncol. 2019 May 29. pii: S1078-1439(19)30188-7. doi: 10.1016/j.urolonc.2019.05.002. [Epub ahead of print]
- Comparison of orthogonal NLP methods for clinical phenotyping and assessment of bone scan utilization among prostate cancer patients
Coquet J, Bozkurt S, Kan KM, Ferrari MK, Blayney DW, Brooks JD, Hernandez-Boussard T
J Biomed Inform. 2019 Apr 20:103184. doi: 10.1016/j.jbi.2019.103184. [Epub ahead of print]
- Systemic therapy in the management of localized and locally advanced renal cell carcinoma: Current state and future perspectives
Berquist SW, Yim K, Ryan ST, Patel SH, Eldefrawy A, Cotta BH, Bradshaw AW, Meagher MF, Bindayi W, McKay RR, Autorino R, Staehler M, Derweesh IH.
Int J Urol. 2019 May;26(5):532-542. doi: 10.1111/iju.13943. Epub 2019 Apr 3.
News and Events
Meet our New Fellows
Meet Our New Urology Interns
Resident & Fellow Graduation Dinner
June 22, 2019
The Department hosted the Resident and Fellow Graduation Dinner on June 22, 2019 to honor our graduating residents and fellows:
Residency Program: Tim Chang, Kai Dallas, and Rustin Massoudi
Peds Fellowship Program: Katie Kan
FPMRS Fellowship Program: Raveen Syan