The Department of Urology is committed to facilitating the development of the next generation of outstanding academic urologists. We offer opportunities for medical students, residents and fellows to pursue a diverse array of training, the depth and breadth of which are unparalleled.
Diversity is our core value
Stanford Urology is committed to diversity and dedicated to encouraging women, underrepresented minorities, diversity of religion, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, and physical ability. Our goal is to draw from people with a variety of backgrounds and life experiences to reach a new level of innovation in teaching, research and caring for patients.
SUFU Grant Award
Raveen Syan, FPMRS fellow and principal investigator, and faculty mentors Amy Dobberfuhl and Craig Comiter, were awarded a grant from the Society of Urodynamics, Female Pelvic Medicine and Urogenital Reconstruction (SUFU) for their 2017 SUFU Foundation Study of Chemodenervation. The project titled "Feasibility and Efficacy of Transvaginal OnabotulinumtoxinA Chemodeneration of the Trigone for the Third Line Treatment of Refractory Overactive Bladder." Congrats, Raveen, Amy, and Craig!
- Tim Chang was awarded 1st place in the Western Section AUA Miley Wesson Resident Essay Contest for his entry entitled: In Vivo Biodistribution and Toxicity of Intravesical Administration of Quantum Dots for Optical Molecular Imaging of Bladder Cancer.
- Kai Dallas won 1st place in the Western Section AUA Health Policy Essay Contest for his entry entitled: Racial Disparities in Hospital Admissions in the First 30 Days After Urethral Sling Procedures in California.
- Kai also took 2nd place in the Western Section AUA Miley Wesson Resident Essay Contest for his entry entitled: Redefining the Stone Belt: Precipitation Potentiates the Risk of Urinary Stone Disease in California.
- Statewide success of staged sacral neuromodulation for the treatment of urinary complaints in California (2005-2011)
Dobberfuhl AD, Mahal A, Dallas KB, Choi KM, Comiter CV, Elliott CS.
Female Pelvic Med Reconstr Surg. 2018 Jul 27. doi: 10.1097/SPV.0000000000000605. [Epub ahead of print]
- An intravascular magnetic wire for the high-throughput retrieval of circulating tumour cells in vivo
Vermesh O, Aalipour A, Ge TJ, Saenz Y, Guo Y, Alam IS, Park S, Adelson CN, Mitsutake Y, Vilches-Moure J, Godoy E, Bachmann MH, Ooi CC, Lyons JK, Mueller K, Arami H, Green A, Solomon EI, Wang SX, Gambhir SS.
Nature Biomedical Engineering. 2018 Aug. doi:10.1038/s41551-018-0257-3.
- Does the degree of cystocele predict de novo stress urinary incontinence after prolapse repair? Further analysis of the colpopexy and urinary reduction efforts trial
Davenport MT, Sokol ER, Comiter CV, Elliott CS.
Female Pelvic Med Reconstr Surg. 2018 Jul/Aug;24(4):292-294. doi: 10.1097/SPV.0000000000000487.
- Priapism caused by "Rhino 7 Platinum 3000" an over-the-counter male enhancement supplement
Mittakanti HR, Elliott CS.
Int J Impot Res. 2018 Jun 19. doi: 10.1038/s41443-018-0033-7. [Epub ahead of print]
- Risk of melanoma with phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitor use among patients with erectile dysfunction, pulmonary hypertension, and lower urinary tract symptoms
Shkolyar E, Li S, Tang J, Eisenberg ML.
J Sex Med. 2018 Jun 5. pii: S1743-6095(18)30978-0. doi: 10.1016/j.jsxm.2018.05.002. [Epub ahead of print]
- In search of mobile applications for urogynecology providers
Wallace SL, Mehta S, Farag S, Kelley RS, Chen KT.
Female Pelvic Med Reconstr Surg. 2018 Apr 11. doi: 10.1097/SPV.0000000000000580. [Epub ahead of print]
- Association between use of marijuana and time to pregnancy in men and women: findings from the National Survey of Family Growth
Kasman AM, Thoma ME, McLain AC, Eisenberg ML.
Fertil Steril. 2018 Mar 14. pii: S0015-0282(18)30015-3. doi: 10.1016/j.fertnstert.2018.01.015. [Epub ahead of print]
- Registries and databases in sexual medicine: Utility?
Sun AJ, Eisenberg ML.
J Sex Med. 2018 Apr;15(4):426-427. doi: 10.1016/j.jsxm.2018.01.019.
- Unplanned emergency department visits and hospital admissions following ureteroscopy: Do ureteral stents make a difference?
Mittakanti HR, Conti SL, Pao AC, Chertow GM, Liao JC, Leppert JT, Elliott CS.
Urology. 2018 Mar 27. pii: S0090-4295(18)30274-7. doi: 10.1016/j.urology.2018.03.019. [Epub ahead of print]
- What impacts the all cause risk of reoperation after pelvic organ prolapse repair? A comparison of mesh and native tissue approaches in 110,329 women
Dallas KB, Rogo-Gupta L, Elliott CS.
J Urol. 2018 Mar 3. pii: S0022-5347(18)42415-9. doi: 10.1016/j.juro.2018.02.3093. [Epub ahead of print]
- Volitional voiding of the bladder following spinal cord injury: Validation of bilateral lower extremity motor function as a key predictor
Elliott CS, Dallas KB, Zlatev D, Comiter CV, Crew J, Shem K.
J Urol. 2018 Feb 16. pii: S0022-5347(18)32264-X. doi: 10.1016/j.juro.2018.02.064. [Epub ahead of print]
News and Events
Following graduation next year, Chief Resident Dr. Rustin Massoudi will be going to City of Hope in southern California to begin an Oncology Fellowship.
Last day for interns - onto 2nd year!
The tradition continues ...
Resident Appreciation Day
June 15, 2018