Welcome to the Department of Urology
Welcome to Stanford Urology!
- Eila C. Skinner, MD
SEE WHAT'S NEW
We are seeking qualified faculty for several open positions to join our distinguished group of medical professionals.
Oncosurg 2020 Academic Workshop
December 12, 2020
USI - ISU Webinar
November 28, 2020
OFDD Junior Faculty Leadership Program
October 30, 2020
IN THE SPOTLIGHT
Dr. Dino Vilson recognized in Washington Post for his mentorship of young black students
Resident urologist, Dr. Dino Vilson, was recognized for his mentorship of young black students in this Washington Post article discussing research that suggests that the mortality rate for black babies is cut dramatically when they're delivered by black doctors.
Dr. Comiter Receives ICS's 2020 Best Presentation Award
Urology faculty Dr. Craig Comiter was awarded the 2020 Best Presentation Award by the International Continence Society (ICS) for his abstract titled Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma agonist as a novel treatment for interstitial cystitis: a rat model.
Congratulations 2020 WSAUA Virtual Meeting
- Dr. Christopher Elliott won First Place in the Joseph F. McCarthy Physician Essay Contest at the 96th Annual Western Section of the American Urological Association (WSAUA) Meeting for his essay titled, "The effect of early infection on the rate of volitional voiding at 1 year follow up after spinal cord injury".
- Dr. Harcharan Gill won First Place for Best of Poster Session at the 96th Annual Western Section of the American Urological Association (WSAUA) Meeting for his poster titled, "In-vitro Functional and Histological Study of the Male Endopelvic Fascia".
- Dr. Tony Chen won Second Place for Best Poster Overall at the 96th Annual Western Section of the American Urological Association (WSAUA) Meeting for his poster titled, "Performance Characteristics of Stone Models in Burst Wave Lithotripsy Research."
- Dr. Kathleen Kan won Third Place in the Physician Essay Contest at the 96th Annual Western Section of the American Urological Association (WSAUA) Meeting for her essay titled, "The post-potty training period: preventive pediatric urology will decrease the incidence of voiding dysfunction in school children".
Med Staff Spotlight on Dr. Enemchukwu
Urology faculty Dr. Ekene Enemchukwu is featured in this month's Stanford's Med Staff Spotlight, where she discusses what drew her to working at Stanford, what keeps her engaged, the projects she's most passionate about, and what she's most proud of working at Stanford Medicine.
Recently Published Articles
- Hanno, et al: Towards a new paradigm in bladder pain syndrome and interstitial cystitis. BJU Int 2020 doi: 10.1111/bju.15223
- Eisenberg, Chen T: Challenges in Survey-Based Research. JSXM 2020 doi: 10.1016
- Sonn, Chen L, Fan, Brooks, et al: Registration of presurgical MRI and histopathology images from radical prostatectomy via RAPSODI. Medical Physics. 2020 doi: 10.1002