The Department of Urology is committed to facilitating the development of the next generation of outstanding academic urologists. We offer opportunities for medical students, residents and fellows to pursue a diverse array of training, the depth and breadth of which are unparalleled.
In addition, Stanford Urology is committed to diversity and dedicated to encouraging women, underrepresented minorities, diversity of religion, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, and physical ability. Our goal is to draw from people with a variety of backgrounds and life experiences to reach a new level of innovation in teaching, research and caring for patients.
As of July 1, 2019, all urology programs will include the PGY-1 and provide 60 months of accredited education.
Our Training Programs
CONNECT WITH US!
- Ultrasound in hospitalized children with first febrile UTI: what exactly are we looking for?
Velaer KN, Chang P, Wu HY.
Hosp Pediatr. 2020 May;10(5):460-461. doi: 10.1542/hpeds.2020-0049. Epub 2020 Apr 17.
- Parental comorbidity and medication use in the USA: a panel study of 785,000 live births
Sun AJ, Li S, Zhang CA, Jensen TK, Lindahl-Jacobsen R, Eisenberg ML.
Hum Reprod. 2020 Mar 27;35(3):669-675. doi: 10.1093/humrep/deaa022.
- Association of preconception paternal health on perinatal outcomes: analysis of U.S. claims data
Kasman AM, Zhang CA, Li S, Stevenson DK, Shaw GM, Eisenberg ML.
Fertil Steril. 2020 May;113(5):947-954. doi: 10.1016/j.fertnstert.2019.12.026. Epub 2020 Mar 6.
- Characterizing relaxin receptor expression and exploring relaxin's effect on tissue remodeling/fibrosis in the human bladder
Diaz EC, Briggs M, Wen Y, Zhuang G, Wallace SL, Dobberfuhl AD, Kao CS, Chen BC.
BMC Urol. 2020 Apr 22;20(1):44. doi: 10.1186/s12894-020-00607-4.
- Urinary stone disease in pregnancy: Current management practices in a large national cohort
Spradling K, Sohlberg EM, Li S, Zhang CA, Brubaker WD, Dallas K, Pao AC, Liao J, Leppert JT, Elliott CS, Chung BI, Min Ge, Conti SL.
Urology. 2020 Apr 17;S0090-4295(20)30378-2. doi: 10.1016/j.urology.2020.03.050. Online ahead of print.
- The urine albumin-to-creatine ratio and kidney function after nephrectomy
Sun AJ, Thomas IC, Velaer KN, Ganesan C, Song S, Pao AC, Wagner TH, Brooks JD, Chertow GM, Leppert JT.
J Urol. 2020 Mar 3:101097JU0000000000001005. doi: 10.1097/JU.0000000000001005. [Epub ahead of print]
- Robotic-assisted radical prostatectomy associated with decreased persistent postoperative opioid use
Shkolyar E, Shih IF, Li Y, Wong J, Liao JC.
J Endourol. 2020 Feb 17. doi: 10.1089/end.2019.0788. [Epub ahead of print]
- New insights to guide patient care: the bidirectional relationship between male infertility and male health
Kasman AM, Del Giudice F, Eisenberg ML.
Fertil Steril. 2020 Feb 20. pii: S0015-0282(20)30002-9. doi: 10.1016/j.fertnstert.2020.01.002. [Epub ahead of print]
- Ultra-low-dose CT: An effective follow-up imaging modality for ureterolithiasis
Cheng RZ, Shkolyar E, Chang TC, Spradling K, Ganesan C, Song S, Pao AC, Leppert JT, Elliott CS, To'o K, Conti SL.
J Endourol. 2020 Jan 10. doi: 10.1089/end.2019.0574. [Epub ahead of print]
- Urinary stone disease in pregnancy: A claims-based analysis of 1.4 million patients
Sohlberg EM, Brubaker WD, Zhang CA, Anderegg LDL, Dallas K, Song S, Ganesan C, Chertow G, Pao A, Liao J, Leppert JT, Elliott CS, Conti SL.
J Urol. 2019 Nov 18:101097JU0000000000000657. doi: 10.1097/JU.0000000000000657. [Epub ahead of print]
- Twenty-four hour urine testing and prescriptions for urinary stone disease-related medications in Veterans
Song S, Thomas IC, Ganesan C, Sohlberg EM, Chertow GM, Liao JC, Conti S, Elliott CS, Pao AC, Leppert JT.
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2019 Nov 11. pii: CJN.03580319. doi: 10.2215/CJN.03580319. [Epub ahead of print]
- Diabetes medications, prostate-specific antigen values, and the chemoprevention of prostate cancer
Velaer KN, Leppert JT.
JAMA Network Open. 2019;2(11):e1914644. doi:10.1001/jamanetworkopen.2019.14644
- Pelvic floor physical therapy in the treatment of pelvic floor dysfunction in women
Wallace SL, Miller LD, Mishra K.
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol. 2019 Oct 11. doi: 10.1097/GCO.0000000000000584. [Epub ahead of print]
- Optical biopsy of penile cancer with in vivo confocal laser endomicroscopy
Shkolyar E, Laurie MA, Mach KE, Trivedi DR, Zlatev DV, Chang TC, Leppert JT, Kao CS, Liao JC.
Urol Oncol. 2019 Sep 16. pii: S1078-1439(19)30336-9. doi: 10.1016/j.urolonc.2019.08.018. [Epub ahead of print]
Education Program Manager
News and Events
Urology COViD Lecture Series
As part of the Urology Collaborative Online Virtual Didactics (COViD), Dr. Jay Shah gave a presentation to urology residents from Stanford and other participating institutions on Tuesday, October 12th on the topic of "Careers in Hospital Leadership". The series was launched to continue resident education during the COVID19 outbreak, foster multi-institutional relationship-building, and serve as a resoucre for urology education.
Watch: An Introduction to Our Residency Program
Meet Our New Fellows!
Meet Our New Interns!
Welcome to new Urology Intern Michael Scott, who joins us from the Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University. When asked why he chose Stanford, Michael shared, 'I picked Stanford because of the culture of teamwork and support among the residents and the opportunity to learn from expert physicians and surgeons across all disciplines of urology.'
Welcome to new Urology Intern Anas Tresh, who joins us from UCSF. When asked why he chose Stanford, Anas shared, 'When looking at residency programs, what was most important to me was first and foremost finding a program that was going to train me to be the most competent surgeon, clinician and researcher.'
Welcome to new Urology Intern Steve Zhou, who joins us from UCLA. Steve is a second-generation Chinese American from Palo Alto who picked Stanford Urology to serve his diverse childhood community and be around creative people who get excited about medical innovation.